Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week of Dinner

I decided that I would take a stab at planning our dinners for the whole week and shop for everything today. I tried this in the past, and found it really saved us a lot of money knowing exactly what to buy. And sure enough, I usually spend around $100 at the grocery store and today I only spent $60 --- didn't buy Friday's meal ingredients yet, and had to get some random odds & ends... but not bad!

I feel like it might be kind of tough but I'll give it a try & blog about it this week! Here it is:

Sunday: Makings S'mores bars for work tomorrow, Take out GF Pizza night (woohoo)
Monday: Nicoise Salad for V-Day
Tuesday: Buttermilk baked chicken, roasted brussel sprouts, baked potatoes
Wednesday: Saucy Shrimp & Grits
Thursday: Pressed Mozzarella & Basil sandwiches (we're having ppl over too, so snacks)
Friday: Veggie Cassoulet
(Saturday we're going to a party)

Love that I can cook again since work is slower!

2 comments:

Marlow said...

I absolutely can NOT survive without planning our week of meals in advance! It's SO MUCH EASIER :)

Also, s'mores bars? Need that recipe!

Jen said...

I want to see the buttermilk chicken, sounds yummy!