Monday, December 12, 2011

Blue Moon Grill - Wakefield, MA

Saturday morning I felt like going out to breakfast, so I hopped on Google to look for a new spot, and found the Blue Moon Grill because apparently they had gluten free pancakes - umm, sweet.

The menu doesn't mention anything about gluten free - but we decided to head over and try it out, it's only about 10 minutes from my house.

It's a tiny little place and we liked it immediately. The menu is awesome - I should have taken a pic of it - I wanted EVERYTHING. I was going to just get straight pancakes, because, well, when else can you get pancakes outside of your home?

But, with the help of the waitress who told me their hollandaise sauce was GF, I went with the Eggs Benedict served on gluten free silver dollar pancakes. That's right. Diet be damned!

Here it is:

And here's what I did to it:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a weakness for eggs benedict. It is must order at any brunch - the more unique, the better. But my favorite is a mexican ranchero style. Oh, yum!

Hello –

My 3-year-old son had severe eczema until he was diagnosed with food allergies a few months back. I have a blog that shares our family’s battles with eczema, allergies, and asthma (yes, lucky guy has that too).

I think the key is to learn from one another, so the more information out there to the masses, the better. With this in mind I’ve started a blog hop for anyone dealing with food allergies, eczema, or asthma, either for themselves or as a caregiver. If you’re interested in joining, please add a comment. I’d love to welcome you to the group. http://itchylittleworld.wordpress.com/blog-hop/


Thanks.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Did you know that your images from this post show up in Google image searches with the title "Sorry, I can't eat that: Blue Moon Grill"?

Kinda looks to a casual observer like you are talking trash about their food. Figured you might want to change that if you care about finding good places to find gluten-free foods since you have to go pretty deep into your post featuring these images to see that you aren't talking smack. Most people would see the image title and think you thought the food was bad or wasn't gluten-free, or worse. Just a friendly PSA.

~Me (not affiliated with anything other than uncommon decency)