Monday, August 23, 2010

Puffin's Multigrain Cereal - Gluten Free!


As some may have noticed, I'm not a huge cereal fan for breakfast (i need my eggs!) but my sister just told me about this somewhat new kind of Puffins that are gluten free that I just had to try. I also like to have cereal sometimes for an afternoon snack at work.

Pre-celiac I used to love original Puffins, and after diagnosis I tried the honey-rice (the only gluten free version they had at the time), and didn't love it. But this one really reminds me of the original - I love the texture! And it's really yummy.

This cereal is also pretty good for you - whole grain, fat free, and it is made with a natural prebiotic fiber. 1 serving (3/4 cup) is 110 calories, 3 g fiber, and 2 g protein. Actually, check out the info here.

Also, I read a product review here on celiac-disease.com that has some information from the manufacturer about their use of "pure" oats in the cereal.

No comments: