Friday, September 15, 2006

Time to re-stock the pantry...

This used to be a fun activitiy for me, now it's a little scary, only because I now know that I will not spend less than $100 and it will take much longer than normal so that I can read labels.

All you celiacs out there know what I'm talkin' about.

I'm also living with the boy now - and it's incredible how much food the two of us go through - amazing! He consumes more soda/juice/fruit than any person I've ever encountered.

Back to the gluten-free. SO, tonight, my challenge is going to be to NOT buy gluten-free foods that "aren't supposed to be" - you know, the good stuff like Tinkyada Rice Pasta and ALL (wonderful) Kinnikinnick products, things that tend to have gluten in our world that I still want to eat, so therefore spend more money to get the gf substitute...

It will be interesting, I'll probably end up with ten pounds of potatoes, and two giant sacks of brown & white rice.

Wish me luck.

No comments: