Friday, August 13, 2010

Blueberry Muffins


Despite the recent heat, I decided to bake last week and made the yummy muffins.

Recipe from Mark Bittman's "How to cook everything", which you all know I love, and which I can always adapt to be gluten free.

GF Blueberry Muffins with lemon zest

3 tbsp melted butter
2 cups gf all purpose flour mix (I used better batter mix)
1 tbsp ground flax
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1 cup blueberries
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp lemon zest

Preheat oven to 400.
Grease muffin pan.

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl. Beat together egg, milk and butter. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and mix in wet using a spatula (don't over mix).

Stir in 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen) and add in fresh lemon zest.

Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-30 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Amanda on Maui said...

Those look delicious. After I finish my detox diet I'll have to make these. I love love love M.B.'s HTCE. My dad was looking to buy a new cookbook as he wants to get into cooking more, and I suggested that. So, we found it on half.com for him and I'm waiting to hear back on how much he loves it too!