Monday, March 02, 2009

Breakfast..... again.

I feel like I often blog about breakfast... I'm not sure why. I always cook dinner, every night, but do I write about it? Rarely. I am definitely a morning person. I get up extra early to make a nice breakfast, drink my tea, watch the Today Show, and do some household chores. I usually don't get into work until 9:30 or 10, unless I have an early meeting.

At the end of the day I just want to relax. So I tend to have little to no motivation to take pictures of my food. During the day I also mentally plan all of these different productive activities for my evening - gym, wii, tv shows, dinner, dvd guitar lessons, wedding planning, crocheting, reading.... And when it comes down to it - It is usually just a workout (hopefully at the gym, or using the Wii Fit, or doing situps on my living room floor), making dinner, a TV show or three, and reading in bed. I really need to swap a TV show for guitar lessons/playing!

Anyway.... this weekend was an especially good breakfast, because it was made, with love, by 
my lovely friend whom I was visiting in NY. She told me she got some GF Rice tortillas from Trader Joes... and I brought an avocado with me (for fear of it going bad before I got back home) so she made me an egg white, avocado, black bean rollup.

Can I just say - this is really the most delicious combo! I can't believe I've never put these things together. Halfway through it I decided I should take a phone pic so I could document this goodness, and her cute plate:


Egg White/Avocado/Black Bean Rollup

3 egg whites
1/4 cup canned organic black beans (rinsed first)
onions
roasted red peppers
1/2 fresh avocado
bit of salt & pepper

Spray pan - cook onions until soft, add egg whites, beans, red peppers and cook (either scramble or try to keep together in omlette form to fit in tortilla)... place inside tortilla and place avocado slices on top of eggs, roll up, and serve! It actually held together pretty well but it was dripping onto the plate and rather messy, so I eventually had to eat it with a fork & knife... Here's the inside:


Blackberry pics again -- sorry! I forgot my camera!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hm, i have some black beans in the cabinet, I'll have to try this!

sallybranwyn said...

I have a very similar breakfast burrito pic that I almost posted on my blog. Good taste!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I tried this for breakfast and I LOVED IT! I'm also on a gluten free diet and am also constantly searching for bread that tastes normal. And I'm still searching for spaghetti noddles that have the right texture.

If I find anything I'll let you know! :D