Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowed in

We got a little bit of snow here in New England yesterday - 2 FEET actually. It was crazy, it didn't stop snowing all day long - we stayed in all day & worked from home and I actually got a ton done.

For Matt's birthday, by the way, we ended up taking the day off work and heading north to go skiing for the day! Waterville Valley had a deal on Tuesday for $7 lift tickets, and we really couldn't pass it up. It was a really fun day - and afterwards we hit up The Common Man in Plymouth, NH (remember I just wrote about Common Man Windham) -- and got some Redbridge and snacks and sat by the fire.

Yesterday being snowed in I worked with what I had and made a quick & easy Turkey Chili. We make this pretty often because it's yummy & so easy.


Take a package of ground turkey, cook with an onion, and a gluten free, low-sodium taco packet, add canned zesty diced tomatoes, maybe some peppers, frozen corn, rinsed black beans and voila - dinner.

I also made some brown rice, cup up an avocado, and added some shredded cheddar and sour cream. This dinner was ready to eat in about 15 minutes - love that!

1 comment:

The InTolerant Chef said...

Hi Allie, we love chilli too but usually make it with beef. Turkey mince is available but isn't widely used here yet, I've only ever used it a couple of times actually.I love that you used avocado too, one of my favourites!