Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowed in

We got a little bit of snow here in New England yesterday - 2 FEET actually. It was crazy, it didn't stop snowing all day long - we stayed in all day & worked from home and I actually got a ton done.

For Matt's birthday, by the way, we ended up taking the day off work and heading north to go skiing for the day! Waterville Valley had a deal on Tuesday for $7 lift tickets, and we really couldn't pass it up. It was a really fun day - and afterwards we hit up The Common Man in Plymouth, NH (remember I just wrote about Common Man Windham) -- and got some Redbridge and snacks and sat by the fire.

Yesterday being snowed in I worked with what I had and made a quick & easy Turkey Chili. We make this pretty often because it's yummy & so easy.


Take a package of ground turkey, cook with an onion, and a gluten free, low-sodium taco packet, add canned zesty diced tomatoes, maybe some peppers, frozen corn, rinsed black beans and voila - dinner.

I also made some brown rice, cup up an avocado, and added some shredded cheddar and sour cream. This dinner was ready to eat in about 15 minutes - love that!

1 comment:

The InTolerant Chef ™ said...

Hi Allie, we love chilli too but usually make it with beef. Turkey mince is available but isn't widely used here yet, I've only ever used it a couple of times actually.I love that you used avocado too, one of my favourites!