Monday, January 10, 2011

Husband's Birthday....

Tomorrow is 1/11/11 - and also my husband's birthday!

He wants me to make him dinner & I'm struggling to figure out what to make! I have to work the entire day, so that limits cooking time. Unless I pop something in the slow cooker in the morning, although I don't love leaving the slow cooker on when I'm not there (I know that's what their purpose is, but I usually use it on Sunday).... Liz suggested Smitten Kitchen's short ribs, which is a great call actually - he loves those! But I will definitely need to leave work early to get dinner ready by 7:30 or 8....

Or I could do an old favorite - Pork Tenderloin. This dish never disappoints - I do a simple marinade of soy sauce (gf of course) fresh ginger, evoo, salt, pepper, and sometimes a dash of Worcestershire....

OR I could do a turkey meatloaf, which really doesn't sound that exciting - but he was just talking about the Barefoot version that I make that is really yummy.

Hmmmm..... i'm thinkin' those ribs might be it.

on another note - I started Biggest Loser at work, and I vowed this weekend to make healthier meals & buy better snacks for a while, but tomorrow will be a pass ;) No skimping on a birthday!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Short ribs sound yummy!!!

They're doing the Biggest Loser thing here at my work, too. Good luck!!

Lizzy said...

What did you end up doing?!?!?

Allie said...

hi liz -- nothing! haha.... so we ended up playing hooky, going up to waterville valley to ski because they had $7 lift tickets yesterday! then we did apres ski at the common man inn by the fire! it was so nice!

didn't get home until 9 last night, and now we're snowed in!

I'm DEF making those short ribs this weekend.

Jen said...

I started biggest loser too!! First week rocked, second week total slack. I suck at these stupid challenges! But I'm going to try harder. Happy Birthday Matt!