Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Paris is always a good idea.....

Lovely news today.... Matt and I are going to Paris in May!!!

I am beyond excited - we're just going for a short visit, overnight flight on thursday then flying back on Tuesday.

I CANNOT WAIT.

I haven't been to Paris in about 10 years - and when I went, it was only for 2 days, I saw every sight to see quickly via bus, then went to London. I am excited to go with my love - who also speaks pretty decent french - and to let him show me his Paris. (sorry to get super cheese on you there) We are also going with his sister & her husband who we always have a blast with, so it will be AWESOME.


So - an important question -- Are French Macarons gluten free???

(please say yes, please say yes, please say yes)


Also - who's got some good tips for me on being gluten free in gay paree.

6 comments:

jill elise said...

oh gosh that's so exciting and I'm soooo jealous! I went to Paris a few years ago and had an easy time of being gf. I printed out some of those travel cards (http://www.celiactravel.com/restaurant-cards.html) which were SO helpful. My favorite meal was at a place called l'epi dupin (http://www.epidupin.com/lieu.php, plug into google translate). Most places were SUPER awesome about making gluten-free meals for me, and theres a ton of stuff in 'bio' organic/natural stores that's gluten free. I kept crackers in my purse the whole trip (bought there, the gross gf bread I brought went in the trash as soon as I arrived), and was able to eat lots of cheese and wine and meat and sausages. As long as you hand out those cards as soon as you sit down, you should be fine. I really had a wonderful experience in Paris and didn't really miss out on much. And! I ate macarons from Pierre Herme without reaction, but I might ask just in case. Have so much fun!!!!

Jen said...

Woohooo!!! That is so exciting!!!

Allison said...

I can't remember the name but there was a place that served gluten free pastas off of rue moufftard in the latin quarter.. i'm sure if you googled it you could probably find the place

sallybranwyn said...

Wow, that's great!! I have no tips since I've never been to France, but have fun!

Julia said...

Hey there!

Brian and I were in Paris in March-funny! Anyways, I will email you some stuff.

Hope all is well!

Marlow said...

Congrats!!! You're going to have so much fun!!