Thursday, February 10, 2011

Super easy & delicious dinner

I was browsing through my Epicurious App on the train home two nights ago looking for something delicious & fast to make for dinner. I was craving red meat, and found this:

Sautéed Beef with White Wine and Rosemary

  • 1/2 lb boneless sirloin steak (preferably top butt; about 1 inch thick)
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur Gluten Free Flour)
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
  • 2/3 cup dry white wine

Full Recipe here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sauteed-Beef-with-White-Wine-and-Rosemary-357470#ixzz1DZUptqin

Check out the recipe -- I made a few minor edits --- I added shallots, only used 2 garlic cloves & crushed them, used less salt (as the reviewers noted) and used more white wine than they called for.

The only thing I had to pick up at the store was the steak and I got some fresh rosemary... I made spicy rice and sauteed some zucchini to have on the side -- this entire dinner was ready in 20 minutes and was so tasty!

1 comment:

Marlow said...

This sounds really good!!