Tuesday, July 08, 2008

VERY exciting news


One of my favorite North End restaurants, Marco, is now offering gluten free options!!!!!

I just called & spoke with someone & here's what they're offering:

- 3 different kinds of gluten free pasta to substitute into any of their sauces (GF of course)
- GF flour to prepare any of their fried dishes (they did warn me that they do use the same fryer, so for many of you, this may not be an option)
- and if you call 24 hours ahead of time, they will have gluten free bread baked for you!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!  I'm going asap, will update shortly there-after...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds great! Definitely want to hear how it is or come with you!

Allie said...

Julia - Our list of restaurants keeps growing! let's go!

Jen said...

WOOHOOOO Definitely in for this one!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for passing this news on!

Anonymous said...

Re: arepas...funny, your comment was made right after I commented on your arepas post. :)
Yes, do go get some P.A.N. Happily, they sell it at the Stop and Shop on Harvard Ave near Coolidge Corner...at least they did when I was there. Score!

Liz said...

NICE! You are the go-to girl for gluten-free restaurant eating. Thanks for the info, Allie!

Jen said...

So did you go?!

Steph said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to tell you that I like in your profile how you say you are on a mission to find gluten free bread that tastes normal! LOL! I feel like it's a never ending struggle! Let me know if you ever find something easy to make that doesn't taste like my kitchen sponge! YUCK. :)