Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Food for Life Gluten Free English Muffins!

I was browsing the frozen gluten free section at Whole Foods the other day and saw these:

Yay! New GF product find! Of course I bought them, I couldn't resist. The price was also a good selling point. These were $5.49 at Whole Foods, compared to Glutino's english muffins that were $6.50-ish, and then compare to my fave english muffins (Joan's) at $13!

I haven't been buying Joan's lately, it's just too extravagent to pay that much for them, even though I love them. Ooh, I almost forgot, I really like Trader Joes GF/DF english muffins (wrote about them here) but don't have a Trader Joe's that is convenient to my new house :(

Woah, side-track.... anyway, Food for Life's Multi-Seed english muffins are really good! They definitely have the nooks & crannies goin' on:


And the flavor is really good. The seeds may be throwing the taste off a little, but I like it. They're a little bit dry too, I over-toasted my first one and it got a little too crunchy. My next one I microwaved to de-frost, then lightly toasted, and that one was much better.

I, of course, had a lovely ham, egg & cheese on mine:


Check out to see if these are near a store near you with their store finder.

5 comments:

Marlow said...

I'm going to have to snatch those up!

Mrs. C said...

I found a store nearby - I'm excited to try them!

Unknown said...

My local gluten free store went out of business, and I could no longer find my beloved Glutino English Muffins. I picked these up, frozen, at Fred Meyers. My first impression when taking them out of the package: very heavy, like hockey pucks! Let them thaw, still hockey pucks. Very difficult to split (get a hacksaw!). Toasted on the highest setting, did not brown at all, warm hockey pucks. Covered with butter, peanut butter, & jam. Like eating sawdust. The rest went in the garbage.

Unknown said...

Yup, these are officially awful!! There are so many good gluten-free choices out there. Hard, not a great taste, no browning. YUK!! Should have stuck to my Udis..

Allie said...

Yeah Mary.... this was posted SEVEN years ago. Definitely better choices now. My fave English muffin now is Glutino.