Thursday, February 09, 2012

Uno Due Go - Serves GF Pizza!

I haven't been cooking much because of my crazy work schedule - so I found myself having to buy lunch again the other day, and took to Google to see if MAYBE there were any new spots in downtown Boston that had gluten free options.

To my surprise - there was! Uno Due Go. It's part of Uno's Pizzeria - and it looks like there are 5 locations so far - Boston, Cleveland, Whitewater WI, and two in DFW Dallas airport.

I've had a pizza-problem lately (can't stop eating it when I find it GF) - so I walked over (On Summer St in Boston) and ordered myself a tomato & cheese thin-crust GF pizza.

It took a little while - but I noticed that the guy I ordered from went around behind the pizza oven to an area in the back where they made my GF pizza - assuming it was to avoid cross contamination, which was great. The GF pizza was also only $7, which I think is a pretty good deal. It's not huge, but it's not tiny either. The box was the size of my keyboard. Look how delish:

The sauce was really good - so was the crust actually - normal tasting. Had a good crunch on the edges. It was a bit of a walk from my office so I carried it in the 35-degree weather back, so it was a little cold by the time I got back, but that didn't finish me from devouring the whole thing.

Evidence:


I LOVE that I can get pizza near my office if I want it. My GO-TO used to be NEBO - and I still love them, but their pizza, which is smaller than this, is $16 -- and it has a faint weird GF taste, this definitely doesn't. The other thing that's bad about this place is it's right around the corner from my gym. I see a lot of wasted work-outs in my future.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I've had Uno's pizza (GF of course), but I didn't know they had a takeout option. It sounds much cheaper than the 10.99 one I normally get.

However, I have to agree that Uno's is the only one I've had (besides Glutino frozen) that doesn't have a weird taste.

I had it yesterday, haha, with alfredo sauce instead of tomato (I'm allergic to tomatoes, sadface) and mushrooms and spinach.

But unfortunately, I haven't found a ready-made deep dish. If I'm feeling deep dish, I usually do Bob's Red Mill pizza mix and do up the yeast; I let it rise twice as long as it says to and make the pizza smaller than it says to. It's worked out real well for me so far.

Clearly I have a pizza problem.

Allie said...

Hey Katie! Thanks for stopping by!

of course not too long after I discovered this place I changed jobs - and now my office is in Harvard Square -- you would THINK there would be GF pizza somewhere around here but NO. it's so sad.

But - I think you said you live in MA - there are a surprising number of places on the north shore that have GF pizza! And I found one in Newton last week that was excellent.

The crust that I really like (that I think tastes normal) is Strawberry Moon's crust.... it's thin though, not thick - haven't found a good thick GF crust yet!

I, too, have a pizza problem ;)

Anonymous said...

Check out Naked Pizza in Brighton (and chains around Boston...I think there is one in Brookline too) They have great gluten free pizza and deliver! No gluten-free taste, crispy, slightly expensive but worth it-especially for gf pizza lovers. (They are also knowledgable staff when it comes to GF)