Monday, February 26, 2007

Bread Dilemma

I need to issue a few questions to breadmakers out there.

As you know I bought the Breadman Breadmaker last week and was very excited to use it this weekend. My bread mix I ordered had not yet arrived, so I went to the store and bought the Gluten Free Pantry's Favorite Sandwich Bread. The problem: this was a 2 lb mix, and the Breadman can only make 1.5 lb on gluten free setting.

SO - do I pick a different setting? How do I modify the 2lb recipe for a 1.5 lb?? It seems tricky, especially with the yeast.

Also, my Pamela's Mix that I ordered last week jsut got here today and sure enough, it's a 2 lb loaf recipe!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated... I'm a novice baker to be sure, and bread-making is a tricky business, I don't want to waste a lot of mix!

THANK YOU

2 comments:

~M said...

I've used the Pamela's bread mix on the gf cycle in my Breadman and have had no problems. I think Karina of Gluten Free Goddess also mentioned this issue, but said it wasn't a problem. Enjoy!

Allie said...

Thanks for the response ~m.

I looked back on Karina's site and read all of the comments and see what you mean - looks like i can just put the 2lb in on the gf setting anyway (that's what you do right?), OR choose the Super Rapid Cycle. I think I'll try it tonight or tomorrow!